What Your Day of Birth Reveals About You
Every day is a Magical day. The Day of the Week you were born reveals secrets about you and your Destiny and each day has its own magical correspondences such as deity associations, colours, crystals, and herbs. Each individual day also carries its own bewitching specialties. The trick is finding a way to apply these correspondences in a practical and fresh way to your Craft.
The Day of the Week you were born reveals aspects about you and your Destiny.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Why there are 7 days? Something only a few know is that the days are Seven as the Major planets of Astrology are Seven.
Each Day corresponds to a Planet/God-dess, thus each day is drenched in their power. In ancient Witchcraft each day is good for a special Magical Activity according to the energies of the Planet / Deity. In the same pattern the day we are born is drenched with the associated powers and abilities of the Planets.
What your Day of Birth means
Monday – “Monday’s child is born with Grace”
Monday, is the Day of the Moon (MoonDay). Artemis/Diana is your Patroness Goddess. The Lunar Forces bless the Child born on Monday with tremendous psychic abilities and the gift to understand others with empathetic qualities. Most Monday children are very sensitive, they get easily angry as they feel frustrated with the emotions and behaviour of others. Empathy is their strongest ability. Usually they are gentle and soft-spoken as the light of the Moon sweetens them from the inside.
They say the most Monday Children suffer from insomnia as the Moon always watches them at night and she can’t easily let her children fall asleep. Mondays child may suffer from digestive problems but those people are very powerful indeed as they are completely empowered by their emotions.Monday Children have a natural ability for glamour and beauty spells and they have very powerful Healing Magic. Mystical Water is the key to unlock their powers as the ancient magic teaches us the Moon rules over all waters.
- Monday is dedicated to the moon and all of her magic and mystery. Mondays are for women’s mysteries, illusion, prophetic dreaming, emotions, travel, and fertility. Some suggestions for Monday enchantments would include:
- Getting outside and looking for the moon in the heavens. Sit under her light and absorb a little glamor. Call on the moon goddess Selene for practical help in magical issues.
- Invoking the god Thoth for wisdom and insight
- Empowering your silver jewelry under the light of the moon. Wear moonstone or pearl jewelry today to add a lunar and magical shimmer to your outfit. Be mysterious and subtle and wear moon-associated colors such as white, silver, and blue.
- Working spells for safe travel with a simple moonstone
- Gathering bluebells, jasmine, gardenias, or white roses to create a little garden witchery with the flowers that are associated with the moon
- Setting up a lunar Tarot spell today to increase your psychic powers
- Eating a lunar fruit such as a melon to be healthy, serene, and at peace
- Brewing up a cup of chamomile or mint tea and enchanting it for sweet dreams and restful sleep
Tuesday is the the Day of Mars
(Tyr’s Day the Norse War god associated with Mars/Ares).The Passion of Mars bless the Child born on Tuesday with a fiery will, passion and enthusiasm. They act spontaneously and love to always get what they want. All Children of Tuesday are warriors either this is easily noticed or not. Their call is to claim their power and become the ‘brave children’ as Mars, the God of War intends.
Self-righteousness is one of their characteristics as youngsters but as they grow up they realise that more opinions are needed to be expressed. They are prone to accidents but they are also considered very faithful and mighty.
Tuesday Children have a natural ability for offensive spells, and they are extremely good to channel enthusiasm, excitement and inspiration. The key for their Magical Powers is Enthusiasm!
- Tuesday is for rebels and warriors. If you are facing a challenge of any kind, need a boost to your courage, or want to enhance your passions, Tuesday is the day of the week for you. Some suggestions for Tuesday enchantments would include:
- Wearing the fiery colours associated with this day: scarlet, red, black, and orange. Don some of the more daring and bewitching colors of your wardrobe on Tuesdays and turn a few heads
- Carrying a bloodstone in your pocket or wearing garnet-studded jewelry to reinforce your convictions
- Working with protective and fire-associated plants such as the snapdragon, thistle, and holly to boost your shields and bravery
- Burning spicy-scented energy-enhancing candles to add a little magical aromatherapy to your home
- Cooking up a hearty meal featuring carrots, peppers, and garlic (all Mars foods and spices) to empower yourself for victory and success
Wednesday – “Wednesday’s child is born with Agility”
Wednesday is the Day of Mercury (Woden’s Day – Odin’s Day, the Norse god of Wisdom associated with Mercury/Hermes). The Wisdom and Agility of Mercury blesses the Child born on Wednesday with a very powerful and practical Mind. Curiosity is your second nature and you have a natural talent for business and communication. Their Call is to discover and learn more and more every day.
People born on Wednesday are gifted with the ability to cope with different stimuli at the same time and this is why their multi-tasking ability makes them great at almost any job. It is said that these people are usually happy with their lives.
Wednesday Children have a natural ability in Telepath and Astral Projection as their consciousness is extremely powerful and they can control it. The key for their Magical Powers is Curiosity!
- Wednesdays are wild and wacky days. They are for communication, change, cunning, and the arts. This is a Mercury day, and just its patron god this day is full of contradictions, change, and excitement. Some suggestions for Wednesday enchantments would include:
- Pulling a little Wednesday color magic into your life by wearing purples or orange
- Carrying a multi-purpose agate with you and tapping into its various charms
- Working with magical plants such as the fern for protection. This plant will also boost the power of any other magical plants with which it is arranged.
- Incorporating lavender into charms and spells for transformation
- Using the charming scent of lily of the valley to improve your memory, or working with the aspen tree for communication
- Calling on Athena, patron of arts and crafts, for inspiration for a new project
- Fanning out a Tarot spell to increase you creativity
- Calling on Hermes on a Wednesday night to bring movement and good luck into your life
Thursday – “Thursday’s child is born with Nobility”
Thursday is the Day of Jupiter (Thor’s Day – Thor the Norse God of Thunders is associated with Jupiter/Zeus). The Royal Nature of Zeus blesses the Child born on Thursday with optimism and good luck. Their strong sense of justice blesses them with respect from others and gives them the ability to know what’s good for them and chase is from young age. One way or another they attract attention and doors open in front of them.
People born on Thursday are gifted with the ability to find their way to succeed in their lives although this might take a while. They are often well-behaved but at the same time sincere which sometimes cause them problems.
Thursday Children have a natural ability for Good Luck spells and Spells for any kind of Success and Evolution. The key to ignite their powers is Optimism!
- Thursday is a Jupiter day. Here is the day of the week for prosperity, abundance, and good health. Thursday is “Thor’s day.” This Norse god gave the day his name and many of his attributes, including strength and abundance. Some suggestions for Thursday enchantments would include:
- Wearing a regal and royal shade of blue to see how it affects your mood and your magic. Other colors for the day include purple and green.
- Carrying a turquoise tumbled stone in your pocket to draw a little protective and healing energy your way
- Incorporating honeysuckle blossoms and cinquefoil foliage into prosperity charms
- Calling on Thor for abundance, or on the Roman god Jupiter for the ability to peacefully referee a fight
- Adding a few oak leaves—which are sacred to these Thursday gods—to your charms to see how much better your spell works out
- Casting a charm with wheat stalks for prosperity, and calling on Juno Moneta to bring wealth into your life
- Baking up some whole wheat bread and blessing it for abundance. Be sure to thank the gods for your family and your good health.
Friday – “Friday’s child is born with Charms”
Friday is the Day of Venus (Freja’s Day – Freja the Norse Goddess of Love and Beauty is associated with Venus/Aphrodite). The Great Enchantress of the Pantheon blesses the Child born on Friday with a natural ability to enchant almost anything once they accept their nature and realise how beautify their are. They are talented with artistic skills and the ability to bring peace, harmony and beauty wherever they go.
They say that the Shadow of Children born on Friday can “beautify” anything that falls on to. As they grow older they tend to understand their powers and realise that beauty can be found in the most amazing places. They are kind-hearted people with a natural ability to soften people whose hearts are broken.
Friday Children have a natural ability for Love, Beauty and Peace spells and they often know it! The key to direct their charms and make their spells even stronger is Satisfaction!
- Friday belongs to Venus, both the planet and its namesake Roman goddess of love. This day is sacred to many other gods and goddesses of love such as Eros, Venus, Aphrodite, and the Norse goddess that gave the day it’s name, Freya. This day of the week is for magical topics such as love, birth, fertility, and romance. Colors for today include pink and aqua. Some suggestions for Friday enchantments would include:
- Carrying a rose quartz with you today to send out some gentle and loving vibes to those crabby co-workers
- Working a loving Tarot spell to charm a friend’s pregnancy with good health and safety
- Working a little flower magic to enchant a single pink rose for friendship and inner beauty, and setting it on your desk. Or try empowering a red rose for passion and placing it in your bedroom.
- Burning rose-scented candles to encourage the same effect. Call on Eros to “bring a passion for life” to your days.
- Sharing a romantic snack with your partner. Feed each other ripe, red strawberries. Those strawberries are love-inducing food, and are sacred to many love goddesses, including today’s patroness, Freya.
Saturday – “Saturday’s child is born with Power”
Saturday is the Day of Saturn/Kronos. The God of time bless the children born on Saturday with extreme magical powers. Saturn is said to be the Planet of the Witches, therefore children born on Saturday have very strong – some times ridiculously strong – abilities.
Saturday’s children are hard workers and determined to go as far as they have in order to find what they are looking for. People born on Saturday can endure match and they are very patient. They tend to be materialists and this often is a prison their spirit try to escape. Once they realise their divine nature nothing can stop them.
It’s said that Saturday’s Children are born with the ability to “manifest anything they say” as long as they believe it. They also have a natural ability to perceive evil influences and send them afar. The key to their powers is Honesty!
- This day of the week got the name from the god of karma and time, Saturn. This day is obviously associated with the planet Saturn and is our last day of the week. Traditionally Saturdays are great days for protection, banishing a negative situation, and generally a good time to clean up any magical messes that you have been ignoring. Some suggestions for Saturday enchantments would include:
- Wearing the colours of the day, black and deep purple. Here’s your perfect excuse to be dramatic and witchy. Empower these dramatic pieces of your wardrobe for protection and strength.
- Burning black candles to absorb negativity and burning purple ones to increase your magical wisdom and boost your spirituality
- Adding a touch of garden witchery to your Saturday spells by working with the pansy (in black or purple of course), the morning glory flowering vine, or the cypress tree.
- Carrying an obsidian, hematite, or jet tumbled stone in your pocket to reinforce your personal protection and to ward off bad vibes and sour feelings. You can also add these crystals to a candle spell on a Saturday night to really increase the punch of your spell casting.
- Cleaning your house and cleansing it while you are at it. Tap into those obstacle-removing vibes and the positive, concluding energies.
- Closing the final day of the bewitching week with a bang by calling on Hecate for protection and guidance.
Sunday is the Day of the Sun, day of Apollo the God of Sun.
The God of Sun and the Light blesses his children with generosity, valour and honour. They are great at sports, talented in arts and possess great magical powers.
Sunday’s children are noble but not humble. They are very generous as long as it is appreciated. They are optimist and have a strong feeling that life will smile at them – eventually. Although they hang out with many people – who probably admire them – they usually got few and strong friends. They are very sensual but somehow feel hurt by love. Sunday’s children like to help anyone in need.
It’s said that Sunday’s Children have a natural ability to cast any spells as long as it requires a candle! (as the flame symbolises their divine nature and origin from the Sun). They are inspired people and have their way with magic. Their key to their powers is pure Faith!
- A Sunday is full of wonder and all sorts of magical potential for success, wealth, and fame. Sundays are for personal achievements of any kind such as working towards a promotion at your job, seeking fame and wealth, or being acknowledged for a job well done. All of these goals fall under the golden influence of the sun. Some suggestions for Sunday enchantments would include:
- Sitting outside at sunrise and calling on the goddess Brigid for illumination and inspiration
- Wearing gold jewelry or clothing that is gold or sunshine yellow to pull some color magic into your life
- Arranging a few sunflowers in a vase and empowering these “flowers of the sun” for fame and ambition
- Gathering up the common marigold flower and scattering it’s petals about to encourage prosperity
- Baking up a batch of cinnamon rolls for the family and enchanting them for health and success
- Snacking on a solar fruit, the orange, and enjoying the magical boost it brings to your life.
Remember that everyday can be a Magical day. It is always up to you, how Enchanting you choose to be
LET YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ALSO KNOW WHAT THEIR DAY OF BIRTH MEANS AND SHARE BELOW!
By: Luna Marie