Table of Contents
- 1Aries (March 21 - April 19)
- 2Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
- 3Gemini (May 21 - June 20)
- 4Cancer (June 21 - July 22)
- 5Leo (July 23 - August 22)
- 6Virgo (August 23 - September 22)
- 7Libra (September 23 - October 22)
- 8Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)
- 9Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)
- 10Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)
- 11Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)
- 12Pisces (February 19 - March 20)
A bunch of wilted flowers from the local deli aren’t going to cut it.
Valentine’s Day isn’t just about romantic love, it’s about all kinds of love — the love we have for our friends, family, and even sometimes the people we work with. Some people prefer to spend Valentine’s Day with a group of friends, even if they have a significant other, while others want an old-fashioned DAY complete with flowers, candy, and a romantic dinner out.
No matter the relationship, Valentine’s Day gifts are always welcome, and the best Valentine’s Day gifts are only possible when you consider astrology, horoscopes, and zodiac signs. Yes, the stars can help you come up with suggestions and gift ideas — and most won’t break the bank!
Who doesn’t enjoy getting a gift that shows how important you are to someone else? Giving someone a gift, whether it’s expected or not, is a kind thing to do and it will make the other person feel loved. When they see how appropriate and thoughtful the gift is, they’ll be even more grateful.
A thoughtful gift can thaw even the coldest heart, and that’s what Valentine’s Day is all about: showing the people that they’re loved and appreciated. So, what do the stars feel are the best gift ideas for the zodiac signs this year?
Aries (March 21 – April 19)
Aries are passionate people who are devoted to their friends and family. They’re athletic, adventurous, and competitive. They like to take risks, do new things, and have very high expectations of themselves. Did we mention that they have an intense sexual appetite and very energetic?
- Polaroid Cube-Lifestyle Action Camera ($164.99)
- Bards Dispense Profanity Game ($25)
- Take them to an unusual restaurant (like Ninja in New York City) for dinner. It will be nice for them to have fun without having to organize everything.
Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
Taurus work hard so that they can really enjoy the finer things in life. They’re strong, often stubborn, and sometimes keep their emotions to themselves.
But once you get a Taurus on your side, you’ll have their support and unwavering loyalty for life. They are very sensual, so they like things that appeal to their senses such as fine dining, wine, delicious scents, massage, and anything beautiful.
- Bathtub Caddy Tray ($49.97)
- Handmade French Macarons ($22.50)
- Take them on a sunset cruise, with small bites and drinks!
Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
Geminis are sometimes thought of as moody, but that’s just because they have so much going on in their heads. Geminis are known for their brilliance, sense of humor, and their ability to talk to people and share their knowledge.
As educated and bright they are, they aren’t arrogant. They are versatile, adaptable, and love to socialize, but they’re also easily bored. Geminis are good people and can make anything fun.
Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
Cancers tend to live by their feelings and gut instincts. They put their family and friends first on their priority list. They have a deep appreciation of their home and tend to put a lot of time, energy, and money into keeping it up.
They love hiking, being out in nature, and all kinds of music. While they love being at home, Cancers are also are very happy being at an outdoor concert listening to music under the stars.
- Mason Jar Indoor Herb Garden ($20)
- Red Heart Knit Infinity Scarf ($25)
- Get them (and you!) concert tickets to see their favorite band or performer.
Leo (July 23 – August 22)
Leos are captivating with their engaging personalities, a strong sense of self, and their confidence. They love being the center of attention, which is good as people tend to look to them for answers and directions. It’s not surprising that they make excellent leaders.
Leos are generous with others and themselves, and they enjoy buying nice things, especially when it comes to jewelry and clothing. They make great partners and friends, and make any gathering the social event of the season.
- Fitkit ($39.99)
- Cheri Cherry Vintage Apron ($41.19)
- Bring them to see a stand-up comedy performance, lecture, protest, or podcast taping.
Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
Virgos aren’t overly showy when it comes to their emotions, and they present more like someone who is analytical and focused on whatever task is at hand, but they can be very sensitive. Virgos are extremely intelligent and most are life-long students.
They know all the answers and how to fix anything that needs fixing. They’re always happy to help and they’ll come through for you when you need them.
- USB Mixtape-Cassette Tape Flash Drive ($13.99)
- Personalized Wine Gift Box ($15.95)
- Make them a promise that on the night of the next meteor shower, the two of you will find the perfect spot outdoors, set up your blanket, have some nibbles and beverages of your choice, and watch the show.
Libra (September 23 – October 22)
Libras are very fair, good-natured, and likable. They’re social like Geminis and Leos, but less intense about it. They love music, art, and tend to be extremely creative.
They don’t like to fight, but if it’s a fight for justice and equality for all, Libras are there. They are more passionate than sometimes given credit for, and while they’re forgiving, they know how to hold a grudge.
- Wishing Ball ($32)
- Make Your Own Chocolate Truffles Kit ($34.95)
- Take them to a luxury movie theater with the recliner seats and gourmet concessions, and enjoy the movie.
Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)
Scorpios are big and bold on the outside, but can be very sensitive on the inside. They live life large and are passionate about their causes, interests, and the people they love.
Scorpios are intensely sexual and exciting. They’re powerful, commanding, and yet can be extremely emphatic and compassionate with other people. They prize honesty and integrity.
- Custom Made cookies ($3+)
- Vinyl Record Cufflinks ($25)
- Take them to a hipster dive bar or pop-up restaurant — something that’s cool and edgy but where you’ll still be able to have a conversation.
Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
Sagittarians are always ready to go somewhere they’ve never been before, do something that’s completely foreign to them, and meet new people. They are very upbeat, intelligent, and often carefree people.
They like to reinvent themselves from time to time because they become bored easily — even of themselves. Sagittarians are high energy, intelligent, and independent. Travel must be a part of their lives.
- Pocket-it Women’s Rain Jacket ($54.99)
- Audible Gift Card ($15-$150)
- Take them on a weekend getaway to a place that’s nearby but that they’ve never explored before.
Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
Capricorns are reliable, dependable, and loyal, but never boring — they have a wild side! They’re planners, problem-solvers, and hard workers, so it’s a great thing when they take some time to relax and practice some self-care. Capricorns are great companions, friends, partners, and co-workers.
- Green Herbal Tea Kit ($40)
- Victoria’s Secret Super Soft Nightie ($44.50)
- Pack a picnic and people-watch at the park.
Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
Aquarians are unique, unconventional and unlike anybody else. They like the newest of technology, nature, and have no problem enjoying their own company or being with a crowd of people.
Most Aquarians are devoted to doing good works and making the world a better place. They don’t shy away from confrontation, but they don’t deliberately cause trouble. They are clever, innovative, and trustworthy.
Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
Pisces are sensitive, loving, and creative. They are selfless and will do whatever they can to help people and animals. They love romance and are deep believers in the power of love.
If they’re not an artist, they still have something they do that expresses their artistic side. They enjoy people, but also need their own space at times so they can access their imaginations and creativity.
- Godiva’s Valentine’s Day Heart Chocolate Gift Box ($34.95)
- Custom Framed Song Lyrics (extra points if you wrote the lyrics) ($34)
- Bring them on a romantic dinner near the sea.
This article was written by Christine Schoenwald for Your Tango.
Christine Schoenwald is a writer, performer, and astrology lover. She has written over 500 articles on the zodiac signs and how the stars influence us. She’s had articles in The Los Angeles Times, Salon, Woman’s Day, and is a contributing writer to Ravishly, I AM & CO, and YourTango.