Astrology is the very intense and powerful method for both divination and magical purposes. It is considered extremely important to understand yourself through this occult art.
Ancient Priests and Priestesses believed that each Zodiac Sign is affiliated with deities and spirits due to the nature of each sign. Moreover, occultists and mysticists consulted astrology in order to perform summoning spells and other rituals.
Therefore, each sign has affiliated entities from which we tried to define one Patron Goddess in this article.
Call upon your ‘Patron Goddess’.
Note that these deities are so powerful that of course, they transcend the limits of one zodiac sign. However, it just feels more right to call upon the ‘Patron Goddess’ who is naturally closer to you. Furthermore, this connection might already be clear to you.
Aries Goddess: Brighid, the Bright One
Your Patron Goddess is Brigid (or Brighid), born of the Dagda the good omnipotent God of the Tuatha de Danann (translated as the people of the Goddess Danu- the Primordial Waters), is a beloved Goddess of Ireland, although her worship spread throughout England where she is more famously known as Brigantia. Many springs and wells were dedicated to the Goddess both in Ireland and England.
Brigid is a Goddess of Fire, Light, and Warmth and her name means “Bright / Exalted One”. She is the Master of All Arts (including magic) and she is usually depicted as a blacksmith.
It is said that once Brigid”s warriors were ones called Brigands. She is the Keeper of the Divine Forge and Hearth capable to transform, with her own magical, alchemical, divine transmutation, one thing to another.
- Aries people call upon her Divine Fire in order to inspire you, give you strength and ‘guide your sword’. Brigid will help you balance your intense power and find peace inside of you.
- Devote a flame-shaped amulet to Brighid and wear it to attract inspiration and healing.
Taurus Goddess: Hathor, the Mistress of the West
Your Patron Goddess is Hathor! She was one of the most popular Deities in Ancient Egypt. Hathor was worshipped by royalty and common people alike. In temples and of course tomb paintings, she is often depicted as “Mistress of the West,” who is welcoming the dead into the Afterlife.
In other roles, she was a goddess of love, joy, music, dance, foreign lands, and fertility. She was believed to assist women in childbirth and to be the patron goddess of miners. In few words, everything a Taurus person adores in the most divine essence.
- Taurus People can call upon her divine powers to help them put the smile back on their faces and cherish the Love. Hathor is here to help us enjoy Life and guide us in Afterlife.
- Devote a two-horned amulet to Hathor, and wear it for fertility, wealth and good luck in romance.
Gemini Goddess: Iris, the Rainbow Messenger
Your Patron Goddess is Iris, the winged Goddess of Mount Olympus, who links the Gods with Human Race. She is responsible to deliver the omens and the messages of the Gods to the mortals while she also helped Gods when needed.
She travels with the speed of wind from one end of the world to the other, and into the depths of the sea and the underworld. Iris, the Golden-Winged Goddess, is the personification of Rainbow.
With her 7 major colors of the Rainbow, she symbolizes the diversity of Life and the 7 (and much more) Realms she can travel to.
- Gemini people, call upon her divine force in order to help them understand that bad news may sometimes have a positive impact in your life. Moreover, Iris can bless your versatile nature and guide your travels.
- Devote a Rainbow amulet to Goddess Iris, and wear it to attract good news and good luck!
Cancer Goddess: Artemis-Diana, the Shining One
Your Patron Goddess is the twin sister of Apollo. Both are God and Goddess of the Sun and the Moon. Artemis, is the divine huntress, the one who keeps us safe and helps women when giving birth.
This sacred duty, to help pregnant women, made her extremely popular in the Ancient World. She was called ‘the Stainless Maiden‘, the ‘Safe One‘ and the ‘Uninjured One‘. She was the goddess of childbirth and midwives.
Moreover, Artemis, as the Goddess of the Moon was considered to be one of the most powerful Sorceresses, the World has ever met. Her priestesses could actually call down the Moon (see more here).
- Cancer people call upon Artemis-Diana, to help them attune with the power of the Moon. Their mood swings can actually be balanced with her divine guidance and feel safer and more powerful than ever before.
- Devote a crescent moon pendant to Artemis/Diana and wear it for safe journeys on the sea and magical powers.
Leo Goddess: Sekhmet, the Solar Lioness
Sekhmet is one of the oldest and most worshiped Goddesses in the Egyptian Pantheon. Her name derives from the word “sekhem” which means power. Thus most scholars often refer to the Goddess Sekhmet as the “Powerful One” or “the one who is Powerful”.
Sekhmet was considered a warrior Goddess, fierce and powerful, protectress of everything that is sacred, of the Egyptian borders and the Reign of Pharaohs. For these attributes she is worshipped as “the One before Whom Evil trembles” and as “the One who mauls” underlining her aspects as the Divine Retribution. Sekhmet is believed to stand and defend Ra from his great enemy, Apophis the great evil serpent.
- Leo people call upon her Patron Goddess, Sekhmet, in order to help them fight evil and stand their ground. She gives them strength to carry on and fulfill their purpose. Sekhmet rewards loyalty and bravery.
- Devote a lion-headed amulet to Sekhmet and wear it to abolish darkness.
Virgo Goddess: Persephone, Daughter of Mother Nature
Persephone is the Virgo herself. She is the beautiful Maiden who enchanted the King of the Underworld. After hearing her laugh, Hades, the feared god of the underworld fell in love with the beautiful daughter of Demeter, goddess of the harvest. Persephone.
One day Hades watched Persephone play with Cerberus and decided that she must be his for all time, so he stole her from the world, taking her to the underworld.
Your patron goddess is the Queen of the Underworld who also is responsible for the changing of seasons. When Persephone goes to the Underworld, on Autumn Equinox, Mother Nature falls asleep. When she gets back from the Underworld, on Spring Equinox, Mother Nature is revived!
- Virgo people call upon Persephone, to give them hope even when darkness has fallen. Persephone can help them understand that there is no such thing as a real end, Life goes on and Spring will come again!
- Persephone ate 6 pomegranate seeds and Virgo is the sixth Zodiac Sign. Hence, devote an amulet with the number six to the Goddess. Wear it for protection and inspirations