If you want to reach a place where you are vibing high, using your intuition daily and are flowing with the Universe, then you need to be disciplined.
Discipline is not a very magical word, but if you want to cultivate your gifts and learn to really tune into your spiritual self then you have to develop a daily practice, and stick with it.
We are all intuitive, we all have great potential inside of us, but this potential has to be nourished.
It’s like anything in life really. If you want to be good at something you have to practice it daily. This is the same for all spiritual seekers no matter where they are on their journey.
Practice is what makes perfect.
The good news is that developing a spiritual practice doesn’t have to be hard work. All you need to do is commit to 10-15 minutes every day and you will start to see your life transform.
Developing a spiritual practice and sticking to it is one of the most valuable things you can do for yourself and for your spiritual development.
Not only does it help you to pursue your goals, and stay motivated and inspired, but it also allows you to tune into your intuition and connect with your divinity.
Having a spiritual practice can also help you to find the peace when your world decides to turn upside down.
Here is a really easy 5-step process to help you craft the perfect spiritual practice.
All you need to do is pick one exercise from each of the categories and complete them in sequence either first thing in the morning or right before bed.
Here’s how to start-
Set an Intention
The first step is to set an intention. What would you ultimately like to gain from having a spiritual practice?
You can always change your intention as you go along, but having one is a great way to measure your success and to keep you motivated.
Here are a few examples to get you started-
- To develop a stronger intuition’
- To develop a connection with my spirit guides
- To increase productivity
- To get in touch with my purpose
- To reduce stress and anxiety
- To raise my vibration
Once you have chosen your intention, write it down. After 30 days you will be able to review your intention and measure if you were able to gain what you were looking for.
With your intention in mind, you can now choose the rest of your spiritual practice.
Choose ONE of the following-
These exercises are designed to support and nourish your physical body. Again, keep your intention in mind when it comes to the perfect choice for you-
- 3 sun salutations (yoga sequence)
- Light jumping/shaking for a 1-5 minutes
- Dancing to the duration of your favorite feel-good song
- 10 deep belly breaths
- Light stretching for 2-3 minutes
- Stand in front of the mirror (naked works best) and repeat “I love you, thank you” 10 times while looking into your eyes and at your body
- Hold a power pose for a few minutes
Choose ONE of the following-
These exercises are designed to support and nourish your mental body. Again, keep your intention in mind when it comes to choosing the right exercise-
- State or write down 7 things you feel grateful for.
- Journal: write down your thought for the day or “brain dump” whatever is on your mind.
- Recite a positive affirmation or mantra (I really love Change Me Prayers by Tosha Silver or of course, there is my book, Messages for the Soul).
- Use 3 words to describe how you are feeling, really take a moment to listen and check in with yourself without judgement.
- Allow yourself to feel whatever you are feeling and then breathe into the emotion. Try not to resist. it but instead allow it. Just give yourself permission to feel for a few moments.
- Place your hands over your heart center and repeat seven times – “I am sorry, I forgive you, thank you, I love you.”
- Draw a picture or do something mandala coloring.
Choose ONE of the following-
These exercises are designed to support and nourish your spiritual body. Pick the perfect one for you while keeping your intention in mind-
- Gently rub your third eye in a clockwise direction while repeating- “I activate and open you.” With your third eye open you can ask for guidance or ask to receive a message/image. To close up your third eye gently tap on it 3 times and repeat “I protect and close you.” Don’t worry if you don’t receive a message right away, just keep practicing and tuning into your gifts.
- Place your hands over your heart center, close your eyes and ask your guides and angels to be with you today. You can also ask them to send you a sign.
- Place your hands in prayer position and bring them up to meet your third eye, repeat to yourself- “I will listen, I will acknowledge, I will trust.”
- Use sage or palo santo to smudge around your entire aura. As you smudge yourself repeat- “I cleanse my energy and release all that is weighing me down. I am now light. I am now free.”
- Holding your favorite crystal, rub it gently between your palms. Place it over your third eye and imagine breathing into the crystal. Take 7 breaths here.
- Pray: talk to god, your angels, the Universe, your spirit guides, your deceased loved ones etc.
- Place your left hand on your belly and your right hand over your heart center. Take a deep breath, close your eyes and then ask yourself- “What is the most loving thing I can do for myself?” Then go do it.
Put it All Together
Once you have chosen three activities, put it all together starting with the exercise for your physical body, mental body and then finishing with the exercise for your spiritual body.
Collectively, the practice should take no more than 15 minutes, however you can definitely do it for longer if you wish.
Once you have chosen your exercises, commit to them for 30 days. At the end of the 30 day period check back on your intention that you wrote and see how your life has shifted, changed and transformed.
- 14 Steps For A Loving Connection With Your Spirit Guides
- 10 Intentions To Set For Your Goals And Dreams
- Oracle And Tarot Cards: How To Use Them For Deep Inner Work
This was written by Tanaaz for Forever Conscious.
Tanaaz is the creator of Forever Conscious. She is an intuitive astrologer and aims to use her writing to heal and inspire. She is also the author of several books including the Power of Positive Energy, Messages for the Soul, and My Pocket Mantras. She also runs online courses and in-person retreats.