On Wednesday, June 13th, 2018 at 3:40 pm eastern, the new moon will be in the sign of Gemini AND it will be a super moon to boot! A supermoon occurs when the moon is its closest to the Earth during its orbit around the Earth.
The new moon is the phase of the moon when the moon goes “dark”. The moon appears to go invisible because the sun and moon have the same ecliptic longitude. It can still be seen with a microscope but may appear to disappear with the naked eye.
Now that we have the general definitions out of the way, we can get to the spiritual nitty gritty transmissions of what we may be experiencing and how to navigate through the astrological energies that we all have been and will be experiencing.
I am a firm believer that the celestial bodies do have a tremendous impact on all aspects of our lives: spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically.
We, as living and breathing beings on planet Earth have been connected to the moon and her cycles since the beginning of time. The new moon in Gemini affects our mind, thoughts, communication skills and beliefs as we move through this astrological sign.
Gemini is an air sign. The element of air is connected to the suit of swords in the traditional tarot deck. The element of air is associated with our mind, beliefs, analytical abilities, and communication abilities with self and others.
Gemini is the sign of the twins and shows us the duality in our lives. It brings up the illusions that we may have been creating and/or have been pulled into that may no longer be serving us.
You may find yourself questioning your beliefs and/or the beliefs or illusions of others through internal inquiry. You also may come to realize that these beliefs no longer ring true to you and are ready to embrace new ways of processing your thoughts.
The new moon is a time to plant seeds, to start over with a blank slate. You are the creator with a blank canvas in front of you and are given the freedom to consciously choose your path for the future. Some really good questions to ask yourself during this time are:
Am I being honest with myself and others?
Am I communicating clearly and with integrity
Am I open to changing my out-dated thinking?
Am I following the crowd and the masses instead of listening and paying attention to my own internal dialogue?
Am I allowing my fears to take control of my life?
Am I ready to put a stop to my self-sabotaging patterns that are fueled by my thoughts and limiting beliefs?
If you are ready to take advantage of the energies of the super new moon in Gemini, to break free from your old way of thinking, to raise your consciousness, to tap into the higher self and mind, then be sure to give a few of the following suggestions a try:
1. Meditate at least 3xs a week for at least 20 minutes
2. Write down your goals for yourself for the next month and read them out loud to give them voice and consciousness
3. Whenever a negative thought/word comes to mind bless that thought/word and replace the thought/word with what you DO want
4. Light an incense blend that holds the vibration of the consciousness you desire to be in alignment with such as Nag Champa, Patchouli, Sandalwood or Sage
5. Sage/smudge yourself at least 2x’s a week or when you feel the negative self talk coming up to the surface
6. Don’t believe everything your mind tells you, especially the judgmental and harmful criticisms towards yourself
7. Observe what people are saying. Are they walking their talk? There may be a few false prophets/gurus/heroes
that you may be blindly following. Don’t be afraid to question authority.
8. Stimulate your mind by increasing your reading material – your mind is thirsty for knowledge
9. Pay attention to the birds that come bearing messages to you – birds are connected to the element of air – they have deep and profound messages for you
10. Be mindful of your thoughts, thoughts are actual things and have the ability to manifest what we give energy and consciousness to
Don’t forget that we have a super moon during this new moon, this means that we will be feeling the effects of Gemini a lot more strongly than a regular new moon!
The influence of this supermoon has the potential to conjure up our deepest fears and worries and at the same time, we have the opportunity to plant new seeds and dissolve many of our deep-seated fears once and for all.